Ethyl cinnamate is also known as Cinnamic Acid Ethyl Ester or Ethyl trans-cinnamate. At room temperature, it appears as colorless oily liquid. It is naturally presented in guava, strawberries, white and red wine, brandy, rum, vanilla and prickly pear. Aroma characterization: sweet amber cream, sweet orange and grape-like rhyme with elegant fragrance of balsam and honey-fragrance. Flavor: strong sweet fruit, plum, cherry-like scent, sweet fruit flavor, fragrance incense, berries, mixed sweet drinks, green incense with vanilla fragrant orchid fragrance. It can be used for the formulation of edible fragrance of almond, vanilla, cinnamon, honey, berries, mixed sweet drinks, fragrance flavor, spicy type, grape and cherry flavors.
Ethyl cinnamate(CAS NO. 103-36-6) is the ester of cinnamic acid and ethanol with the molecular formula C10H10O2. Ethyl cinnamate is found in many foods, such as: corn, tarragon, tamarind, and ceylon cinnamon. Ethyl cinnamate can be used as a flavoring and fragrance ingredient. It can be used as the incense fixative agent and modification agents for fragrance. And it has excellent effect when being used in combination with the natural fruit essential oils with the effect being better for fragrance, perfume and flavor.
Product name: Ethyl cinnamate
Synonyms: Cinnamic acid ethyl ester; Ethyl trans-cinnamate; 3-Phenyl-2-propenoic acid, ethyl ester; 2-Propenoic acid, 3-phenyl-, ethyl ester
CAS No: 103-36-6
Molecular Formula: C11H12O2
Molecular Weight: 176.21
Melting Point: 6-8 °C
Boiling Point: 271.5 °C
Flash Point: 93.5 °C
Viscosity: (mPas, 20 °C) 8.7
Refractive index: (20°C) 1.5598
Appearance: colorless to yellow liquid
Stability: stable. incompatible with strong oxidizing agents, acids, bases, reducing agents. combustible.
Packing: 200kgs/ plastic drum
Storage: store in a cool, dry, ventilated area away from sources of heat or ignition.
Usage of Ethyl cinnamate (Ethyl trans-cinnamate):
1. it can be used as food spices allowable for temporary use. it is mainly used for the preparation of strawberry, raspberry and plum, cherry and other type of flavor. owing to the high boiling point and stability, it is appropriate to be used for baked goods.
2. it is an important kind of fragrance and spices intermediates. it can also be used as the intermediates of medicine and food additives.
3. it can be used for the perfume industry.
4. it is suitable to be applied to the roses, daffodils, ambergris-amber, citrus incense, fern, chypre, cologne, re-oriental and woody-incense and other flavor. it can be used to coordinate the other ointment in the soap, toiletries water and powder flavor and also has incense fixative effect. it can also be used as flavoring agent to be applied to flavor such as cherry, grape, strawberry, raspberry, peach, plum, cinnamon, spicy and vanilla bean.
5. it can be used as the incense fixative agent and modification agents for fragrance. it can also be applied to glass prism
6. this product exists in the natural storax with a fruit-like aroma and the atmosphere being clear and sweet with oriental fragrance. it has excellent effect when being used in combination with the natural fruit essential oils with the effect being better for fragrance, perfume and flavor. it can also be used in edible waxberry essence.
It can be obtained through the esterification between cinnamic acid and ethanol in the presence of sulfuric acid with a yield of about 60%. It can also be derived through the reaction bewteen benzaldehyde and ethyl acetate.
It can be obtained through the reaction between benzaldehyde and ethyl acetate in the presence of sodium metal.
It is derived from the heating of cinnamic acid, ethanol and sulfuric acid to 100 °C in the presence of aluminum sulfate.
Appearance: Pale yellow liquid/colorless thick liquid, solid when cold. Solubility: Miscible in ethanol, ether, chloroform and most non-volatile oils, soluble in propylene glycol, insoluble in water。 Vapor pressure: 0.00141mmHg at 25°C Package specification: 200kg/blue barrel Storage: Keep the reservoir sealed. Put in a tight storage and stor
P-Hydroxycinnamic Acid, also known as 4-Hydroxycinnamic acid, is a radical scavenging effects of antioxidant, compared with other tyrosinase inhibitor, the hydroxy cinnamic acid and ether hydroxy cinnamic acid and other non-toxic odorless, good permeability, and is considered a good candidate material used as a skin whitening agent.
Appear: Colorless to pale yellow transparent liquid (est) Melting point : 262.00 to 265.00 °C. @ 760.00mmHg Flash point: 110.5°C Steam pressure: 0.011000 mm / Hg at 20.00 °C. Refractive Index (25 Degree C ): 1.540-1.543 Assay: 98.5% min Shelf Life: 24.00 month(s) or longer if stored properly. storage: Store in a cool dry place, sealed in a c
Appearance: A colorless, transparent liquid with a sweet, fruity and oily taste. Solubility: Miscible in ethanol, ether, chloroform and most non-volatile oils, soluble in propylene glycol, insoluble in water. Vapor pressure: 0.00141mmHg at 25°C Package specification: 200kg/blue barrel Storage: Pay attention to the source of fire, especially to
(E)-3-(3-Chlorophenyl)propenoic acid; 3-Chloro-trans-cinnamic acid; m-Chloro-trans-cinnamic acid; (E)-3-(3-Chlorophenyl)acrylic acid, (2E)-3-(3-Chlorophenyl)prop-2-enoic acid; trans-3-Chlorocinnamic acid 98%;(E)-3-Chlorocinnamic Acid; trans-3-Chlorocinnamicacid98%; 3-(3-chlorophenyl)-,(E)-2-Propenoicacid
Appearance: Pale yellow liquid/colorless thick liquid, solid when cold. Fragrant, sweet amber and fresh fruit. Solubility: Insoluble in water, soluble in oil, miscible in ethanol. Package specification: 200kg/blue barrel Storage: Pay attention to the source of fire, especially to avoid sunlight, and store in a cool place.