The role of Cinnamic Acid in flavour and fragrance.
1. Modified apple, cherry, can be used as apple flavour, cherry flavour, fruit flavour, floral flavour and use.
2. Can be used as an aromatic mixture in soap, shampoo, washing powder, daily cosmetics.
3. It has the effect of inhibiting the formation of black tyrosinase, has a certain effect of blocking ultraviolet rays, and can make brown spots lighten or even disappear. It is one of the essential ingredients in advanced sunscreen.
4. Cinnamic acid itself is a kind of spice, which has a good effect of keeping fragrance. It is usually used as a raw material for flavoring, which can make the aroma of the main spice more volatile. Various esters of cinnamic acid (such as A, B, C, D, etc.) can be used as fragrance fixatives, used in foods such as beverages, cold drinks, candy, and alcohol.
The role of cinnamic acid in food additives
1. Cinnamic acid synthesizes L-phenylalanine by microbial enzymatic method. L-Phenylalanine is an important food additive-the main raw material of sweet Aspartame.
2. United Kingdom Unilever has obtained the World Intellectual Property Organization patent PCTInt. Appl. Wo01 87, 080 (2001, 11.22) This article introduces the composition of cinnamic acid and pasteurization aids, which has a strong sterilization and antiseptic effect.
3. Cinnamic acid is also a component of capsaicin synthase-cinnamic acid hydrolase, which can use genetic modification to cultivate high-quality capsicum varieties with high yield capsaicin content, which will greatly improve the quality of capsicum and thus effectively promote the industrialization of capsicum.
4. The anti-mildew antiseptic sterilization using cinnamic acid can be applied to the preservation and antiseptic in food, vegetables and fruits.
5. It can also be used in wine to make its color bright.
6. Cinnamic acid has a strong excitement and can be directly added to all foods.
The role of cinnamic acid in the pharmaceutical industry
In the pharmaceutical industry, it can be used to synthesize important drugs for the treatment of coronary heart disease, lactic acid and heart pain, as well as the synthesis of chloramphetamine and cinnamon piperazine, used to manufacture "Xinkean", local anesthetics, fungicides, hemostasis Medicine etc. It can also be used to synthesize chloramphenicol and cinnamiprazine for use as a pyramidal bone relaxant and antispasmodic agent. Mainly used for cerebral thrombosis, cerebral arteriosclerosis, coronary arteriosclerosis and other diseases. It can obviously inhibit the proliferation of lung adenocarcinoma cells. Cinnamic acid is an effective inhibitor of A-5491 human lung adenocarcinoma cells and has great application value in anti-cancer.
The role of cinnamic acid in beauty
Cinnamic acid can be used in cosmetics. Tyrosinase is a key enzyme for melanin synthesis. It initiates the cascade reaction of tyrosine to melanin biopolymer. Cinnamic acid can inhibit the formation of black tyrosinase. It has a certain isolation effect and can lighten or even disappear brown spots. It is one of the essential ingredients in advanced sunscreen. The significant antioxidant effect of cinnamic acid is very effective in slowing the appearance of wrinkles.
Cinnamic acid and its derivatives, such as Cinnamyl Alcohol, Ethyl Cinnamate, and so on, have great uses in various industries. Learn about it here today.